I love recipes that are easy to make on a busy weeknight and this one certainly fits that. Here is an easy Taco Bake recipe that my family loves (well 3 of us anyway, my little one doesn’t like Mexican so she gets something else on Taco Bake night). 😉
1 can Hormel Chili with Beans
1 can whole kernel corn (drained)
1 can diced fire roasted tomatoes (drained)
1 can refried beans (I prefer traditional)
1-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese depending on how cheese you like things
1 bag tortilla chips (any brand)
1 cup sour cream
1 package dried Ranch dressing mix
Sliced black olives
1 Can Rotel (any variety, I like the one with tomatoes and cilantro)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Layer tortilla chips on the bottom of a baking dish. They can overlap and don’t have to be totally flat.
2. Spread chili evenly over chips.
3. Spread 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese over chili.
4. Spread can of corn (drained) over cheddar cheese.
5. Spread 1/2 cup of fire roasted tomatoes over corn
6. Spread refried beans over tomato layer.
7. Spread 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese over refried beans layer.
8. Bake for 15 minutes on 350 degrees until warm throughout.
9. While taco dish is backing, put 2 large handfuls of tortilla chips inside a plastic bag. Use a rolling pin or can to crush the chips. Kids love this part!
10. When taco bake is warmed throughout, spread crushed tortilla chips on top.
11. Sprinkle tortilla chips with cheddar cheese.
12. Bake until cheese is bubbly.
13. Combine 1 cup sour cream with 2 Tbs. of powdered Ranch Dressing Mix (optional).
14. Serve with shredded lettuce, Rotel, black olives, Ranchy sour cream, or whatever taco toppings you like.
It doesn’t get much easier than this!