November 4th is time to change your clocks back. It also marks the 25th anniversary of the annual Change Your Clock Change Your
Battery®program. Energizer and the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) are working with fire departments nationwide to raise awareness on how important is is to have working smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors to keep families safe in their homes. 38% of fatal fire injuries occur in homes with no smoke alarms, while 24% occur in homes in which at least one smoke alarm is present but fails to operate, frequently due to dead or missing batteries! Remember to change the batteries in your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors today. It could help save a life!
I also suggest having a fire drill with your family and make sure you have an emergency plan. Also, do you know that many children sleep right through the smoke detectors going off. Check and see if your children wake up when the alarm sounds. If they don’t, there are many companies that have an audible alarm that you can record with your voice and include your children’s names to get them to wake up. Kidde has one that is a Battery-Operated Combination Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Alarm.
Want to win your own kit? Enter below to win a Family Safety Kit complete with a reusable grocery tote containing:
- Two packages of Energizer® MAX® Batteries with Power Seal Technology – Dependable, powerful performance for the devices that help keep your family safe; now hold their charge when stored for up to 10 years
- One Energizer® Flameless Wax Candle – Enjoy the realistic flicker of a scented wax candle without the worry of open flame or hassle of soot and dripping wax
- One Energizer® Weatheready® Safety Light – Waterproof flashlight powered by AA, AAA or C cell batteries; includes safety whistle and imprinted preparedness checklist
- One Kidde Battery-Operated Combination Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Alarm
The total value of the Family Safety Kit is approximately $78 per kit!
Visit the Energizer Bunny® Facebook page and click on the Fire Safety Info Tab. Here you can enter a sweepstakes to win an additional Family Safety Kit. Contained in the kit, valued at more than $150 is:
- · One reusable grocery tote
- · Two Kidde Battery-Operated Combination Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Alarms
- · One package of Energizer Advanced Lithium batteries
- · One package of Energizer® MAX® Batteries with Power Seal Technology
- · Two Energizer flashlights
- · Two Energizer Flameless Wax Candles
- · One Energizer Bunny Plush Bunny
You can also find fire safety tips, a home escape plan that you can download and draw your family’s home escape plan, as well as a coloring and activity sheet.