My name is Cori and I am a coupon blogger. But there is so much more to me. I keep trying to share more of my life on my blog but I have been finding it a challenge to cross over into writing about more than just deals and coupons. But I have accepted a challenge to share more of myself so here goes.
10 Things About Me:
- I have my bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education. I was a 2nd and 3rd grade teacher before I had my children and stopped teaching.
- I love the artist Romero Britto. I have a lot of his artwork around my house including art on my walls, a soap dispenser, salt and pepper shaker, and my prized possession, a poster that he autographed to me when I met him a few years ago. I was lucky to be invited to an event just a few days ago that Romero Britto was at. Stay tuned for my post on that experience.
- I have 3 black and white kittens named Bella, Chloe, and Gizmo. I am allergic to cats but mine don’t seem to bother me unless I pet them and then rub my eyes.
- I have 2 daughters. I always knew I was meant to be the mother of girls. I am not sure what I would do if I had a son. I have no idea how to dress a boy. I don’t know about boy toys. But ask me about dolls, dresses, or Big Time Rush and I can talk for hours.
- I have fibromyalgia which often leaves me exhausted and in pain. It’s one of those invisible afflictions that no one else can see. Sometimes it’s hard to explain to others just what I am going through. I look “normal” even when I am in pain. So it’s hard for others to understand just what I am going through. I feel lazy when I can’t get up and do what I am want to do or what needs to be done around the house. But I have to remind myself that I have to let my body decide what I can do. If I push myself too much then I pay for it the next day. I hope to find a cure or at least something to help with my fibro because I a much too young to feel like my life is passing me by some days.
- I LOVE my daughters but sometimes it is hard to take care of them with my fibromyalgia. I want to have more energy to play with them. I want to not be in pain. And it makes me feel guilty when I can’t do what they want me to do. But I do my best to give them the best possible life I can.
- I wish I had traveled more before life, children, and bills got in the way. I would love to go back to Europe. I would love to see Asia. And I would really love to go to Israel sometime during my life.
- My husband and I met on the internet. He was new in town and I told him I would show him around but was taking a break from dating. It was supposed to be a “non-date”. 12 years later and this “non-date” is still going strong.
- I LOVE coffee- especially iced coffee. I am NOT a morning person. I keep horrible hours. I know I should go to bed at a decent time but I am often up past 2 a.m. But then it’s hard for me to get up in the morning. It’s a vicious cycle.
- It takes a lot to offend me. I am pretty easy going about most things. I can also be pretty brash. I can have a potty mouth. But I am also kind and loving. I try to stay out of the middle of fights. I believe everyone should be able to live how they want. I truly hope my readers enjoy reading my blog. It really makes me happy when I know I am touching lives and readers are learning something from me. I wish my readers would comment on my blog and facebook more so I would know how they feel. I love when they interact with me so I don’t feel like I am talking to myself.