You really don’t need to spend a fortune to look and feel great. In fact you may not have to spend much at all. Here are a few tips:
- Is your hair thirsting for moisture? The answer may be closer than you think in fact it may be sitting in your refrigerator as we speak. Yes, I said your refrigerator! Mayonnaise! Not only can you make a sandwich but you can condition your hair at the same time – we all know how us women love to multitask! Although you may want to do this in the shower. I have actually tried this myself and it is fantastic! All you do is after you wash your hair with shampoo is put some mayonnaise on your head and work it into your roots and all the way through to the ends of your hair. Then leave it in for a minute or two and rinse, it helps to lock in moisture. Simple yet effective. For an added shine, try using cider vinegar with water as a final rinse.
- Stubborn acne?……use toothpaste, I know it sounds crazy but trust me it works; there is an ingredient in there that helps to dry out the blemish, now it won’t completely vanish but it will shrink and be less noticeable. I use it all the time, it’s my favorite and cheapest way to boost my skin regimen.
- Use Vitamin E instead of eye primer, it serves the same purpose but is much cheaper and healthier.
- Stress and lack of sleep can really take a toll on your appearance mainly your skin. Getting an adequate amount of sleep and managing stress will help diminish those under eye circles and give your skin more of a natural glow.
- Age spots have you down? Don’t worry there is a solution! Just apply some plain yogurt to the entire area, do this once or twice daily for about five minutes at a time and you will see those spots disappear.
- Wash off your makeup every night. I know this doesn’t always happen and sometimes it is a pain. But at the end of the day your skin will thank you and you will wake up feeling refreshed. Also, if you sleep in your makeup you take the risk of developing more blemishes overnight, but if you really must keep your makeup on you may want to try something more natural like physicians formula that way it won’t clog your pores.
- Use moisturizer and sunscreen daily – yes you probably hear this all the time but it really is important. You don’t need to go out and buy an expensive brand or anything, something simple will work just fine. Moisturizer hydrates your skin, your makeup will hold better, and always make sure to protect your skin from the sun.
- If you aren’t going anywhere give your skin a break, don’t bother with the makeup, let your natural beauty show!
- Healthy body = Healthy skin, the saying you are what you eat, whoever knew it was so literal? If you have a poor diet it will show in your skin so make sure to have a well balanced diet with lots of fruit and vegetables and plenty of water.
- Less really is more!! Using less foundation, lipstick, concealer, etc not only gives you a more natural look but your makeup tends to last longer and who wouldn’t love that?!
- Have half a bottle of nail polish or a bottle you haven’t used in awhile? Don’t throw it out!! Instead add a little nail polish remover, it will thin out the polish so it will last longer.
- Check the clearance sections and for products that are marked down or on sale. You can find some good deals and if you have a coupon you may even score some free products!
Stephanie Taft is a 23 year old poet and songwriter who is new at blogging. She has a love for fashion, beauty, music, and writing. On her free time she likes to knit and coupon. She also loves to spend time with her children and get lost in a good book. If you would like to reach her, you can send her an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.